1. Allah- Islamic God.
2. Byzantine Empire- The new name of the Eastern Roman empire. Its capital was Constantinople.
3. Carolingian Empire- Empire founded by Charlemagne when in the 800 was crowned new Emperor of West.
4. Germanic - Tribes that they lived in the north of the roman empire. This tribes invaded West Roman empire and this disappeared
5. Hegira-This date marks the start of the Muslim calendar. It is when Muhammad moved to Medina in 622.
6. Islam- A new religion made from Muhammad.
7. Justinian Code- It modernised the Roman law.
8. Mosaics- style of painting was made with little pieces of stone, glass, …which covered the walls and ceilings of churches and palaces.
9. Monotheistic- they only believe in one god.
10. Ramadan- It's a month in the Islamic calendar where the Muslims have to fast.
11. Huns- one of the Barbarians tribes who attacked the Roman empire, also they attacked the Visigoths in the 4th century.
12. Basileus- He is the emperor in the East Empire. He had great power. He commanded the army and government, and he was also religious leader.
13. Byzantine Orthodox Church- It's a religion like the Catholic but in the Eastern Europe.
14. East-West Schism-It's the separation between the Roman Catholic Church and the Byzantine Orthodox Church.
15. Icons-They are holy images that they were in the churches.
16. Treaty of Verdun- It’s a treaty which confirmed the division of the Carolingian Empire
17. Missi dominici- also called messengers, they check on local affairs, and ensure that the system of government was functioning properly in the Charlemagne Empire .
18. Counties- name by the administrative units in which Charlemagne divided his empire
8 hours ago